Sales Engineer - Waltham, MA
Tecogen Inc, a clean energy company providing ultra-efficient, clean, natural gas-powered on-site power, heating and cooling equipment, has an immediate, full time opening in its Waltham, MA office for a Sales Engineer. The successful candidate will work with customers in the US, primarily in the New England and New York areas, to develop new clients and sales channel partners, particularly within the HVAC MEP industry, in several markets verticals for the company. You must be able to make decisions, work independently, and work well in a team environment. Applicants should have a strong engineering background with good understanding of fundamental mechanical/electrical engineering, HVAC systems, and cogeneration technology.
Typical duties include:
- Evaluate potential customer/facility needs and develop sales strategies for Tecogen products
- Collaborate with other sales team members, operations, and technical staff to heighten our product visibility.
- Identify needs and provide consultative services for customers by combining established relationships within the HVAC engineering community.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and strong business acumen including the ability to assess clients needs, develop winning proposal strategies, and close orders and deliver profitable projects to operations.
- Prepare and coordinate sales presentations, proposals, bids and contracts to ensure successful outcome of transactions.
- Develop a strong knowledge of multiple energy products, both Tecogen’s and those of our competitors, and apply this knowledge in all aspects of this position.
- Work within overall sales team on maintaining CRM of lead tracking and sales milestone tracking.
Requirements for any applicant include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical).
- Willingness to travel throughout New England and Mid-Atlantic Regions.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship management
- Strong technical writing, organizational and communication skills
- General mechanical background and/or the ability to absorb new concepts and understand new technologies
The Company offers comprehensive benefits package comparable to many Fortune 500 companies, including full health and dental insurance (75% paid by Tecogen), PTO and holidays, tuition reimbursement, short and long-term disability, and life insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.