Product Engineer - Waltham, MA
Tecogen is seeking a Product Engineer whose primary responsibility will be the design, development, testing, and documentation of a new product, as well as ongoing sustaining efforts for existing products. Tecogen is a publicly traded company with approximately 100 employees that designs, manufactures, markets, and maintains high efficiency, ultra-clean cogeneration products including natural gas engine-driven combined heat and power, air conditioning systems, and water heaters for residential, commercial, recreational, and industrial use. The company is known for cost efficient, environmentally friendly and reliable products for distributed power generation that, through patented technology, nearly eliminate criteria pollutants and significantly reduce a customer’s carbon footprint.
We are looking for an individual with strong technical skills who has the ability to take a conceptual design into production. The position will require the development of QC documents, testing plans and manuals with the support of our existing engineering team. Position is based at our Waltham Facility.
- The position requires considerable interaction with other departments (sales, engineering, service and manufacturing) to provide technical support and to gain insight into opportunities for product improvement and innovation.
- Assess work flow and product build to identify and implement process improvements and cost reductions.
- Develop and maintain visual-based build documentation packages.
- Update bill of materials and drawings.
- Support in resolving supplier quality issues and implementing corrective actions.
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a Manufacturing or Product Engineering role
- Experience in technical writing and ability to document processes through a visual means. utilizing digital pictures, screen shots, or Solidworks isolation screen shots.
- Experienced in working with either Solidworks or CREO (preference CREO).
- Superior knowledge of refrigeration circuits and HVAC systems a benefit.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft products.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short term and long-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $59,775.00 - $75,000.00 per year
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.