Located in Waltham, MA, Tecogen is seeking an experienced Mechanical Assembler to work in our manufacturing facility. Tecogen designs and manufactures engine driven industrial generators, chillers, and heat pumps. This position requires performing a diverse set mechanical operations including engine customization, precision tube and pipe cutting, and the final assembly of large industrial equipment utilizing cranes and lifts.
- Experienced working with bridge cranes, jib cranes, fork trucks and hoists.
- Experience working system level integration of large industrial equipment.
- Abilities to independently perform basic mechanical problem-solving and repairs.
- A good mechanical aptitude and the ability to precisely measure, cut, set, and align components to tight tolerances and specifications.
- Proficient in the use of all hand tools, air tools, drills, and torque wrenches.
- Fabrication skills such as milling, drilling, tapping, cutting, and bending.
- Working knowledge of fasteners, thread sizes and hardware applications.
- Abilities to read fabrication and assembly drawings.
- Engine and automotive diagnostics and repair experience a plus.
- Flexibility to work overtime on an as needed basis.
- Trade school graduate in auto or diesel mechanics, machine shop, or other mechanical fields.
- 3 Plus years' experience in working in a manufacturing environment.
- Good communication skills; must be able to read, write, and speak English.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Tecogen is a next-generation manufacturer of natural-gas-fueled, engine-driven, combined heat and power (CHP) products that aim to reduce energy costs, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and alleviate congestion on the national power grid. Tecogen's environmentally friendly products include cogeneration modules which provide electricity and heat, chillers which provide air-conditioning and optional free hot water and a new ultra-efficient water heater.
Tecogen offers a comprehensive benefits package including full health and dental insurance (75% paid by Tecogen), company matched 401k, paid vacation and holidays, overtime, tuition reimbursement, short and long-term disability and life insurance.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.