Manufacturing Engineer (Electrical)
Tecogen is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to work in our Waltham MA facility. This position is electrically focused and requires a strong background in electromechanical applications and a very good understanding of testing AC/DC wiring, circuits, and control systems. The primary responsibility for this position is to act as a technical facilitator between Engineering and the Operations staff; overseeing test functions and developing the product’s test and build procedures, and quality documents.
- Support Manufacturing Test Technicians in troubleshooting products.
- Update wire run lists, schematics, drawings, bill of materials, and test procedures.
- Design harnesses, specify electrical components, and develop electrical test fixtures.
- Support Engineering on the development and manufacturability of new products.
- Support R&D projects, performing prototype and first article testing.
- Work with suppliers in resolving supplier quality issues and implementing corrective actions.
- Lead outsourcing efforts, evaluating supplier quality and cost analysis, for cables, harnesses and electrical assemblies.
- Minimum 3 years' experience working as a Manufacturing Engineer in a production environment that builds and tests industrial equipment.
- Minimum 3 years' experience performing hands-on system level electrical test, diagnostic, and trouble shooting. Circuit board analysis and testing a plus.
- Hands on experience working with Oscilloscopes, Power Supplies, Function Generators, DMM, Labview and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to read schematics, ladder diagrams, and wire run lists.
- A Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology preferred.
- IPC-A- 610, IPC-A-620 and J-STD-001 training preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A good understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles.
Tecogen is a next-generation manufacturer of natural-gas-fueled, engine-driven, combined heat and power (CHP) products that aim to reduce energy costs, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and alleviate congestion on the national power grid. Tecogen's environmentally friendly products include cogeneration modules which provide electricity and heat, chillers which provide air-conditioning and optional free hot water and a new ultra-efficient water heater.
Tecogen offers a comprehensive benefits package including full health and dental insurance (75% paid by Tecogen), company matched 401k, paid vacation and holidays, overtime, tuition reimbursement, short and long-term disability and life insurance.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.