Electrical Test Technician
Located in Waltham, MA, Tecogen is seeking an experienced, hands-on, Electrical Test Technician to work in our manufacturing facility. Tecogen designs and manufactures engine driven industrial generators, chillers, and heat pumps. This position requires performing a diverse set of diagnostic electrical, temperature, pressure, and mechanical testing of our products.
- Knowledge of 3 phase, single phase, DC power circuits, and control logic.
- Ability to independently analyze, troubleshoot, and repair electrical/electronic problems in wiring, harnesses, PC boards and control systems.
- Ability to read schematics, ladder diagrams, and wire run lists.
- A good mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of engines, generators, and compressors.
- A very good understanding of the principles of heat transfer, refrigeration, cooling and heating applications.
- Ability to record, extrapolate, report, and communicate data and test results.
- Update documentation and help develop test procedures and work instructions.
- Work with Engineering on the design, development, and evaluation of new products.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as an Electrical Test Technician performing circuit analysis, troubleshooting, and repairs.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in the final test of large, multi-subsystem, industrial equipment. Experience in the power generation or HVAC industry a plus.
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology preferred, but not required.
- IPC-A- 610, A-620 and J-STD-001 training preferred.
- Good communication skills; must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Excellent computer skills, familiar with networking, MS Office applications.
Tecogen is a next-generation manufacturer of natural-gas-fueled, engine-driven, combined heat and power (CHP) products that aim to reduce energy costs, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and alleviate congestion on the national power grid. Tecogen’s environmentally friendly products include cogeneration modules which provide electricity and heat, chillers which provide air-conditioning and optional free hot water and a new ultra-efficient water heater.
Tecogen offers a comprehensive benefits package including full health and dental insurance (75% paid by Tecogen), company matched 401k, paid vacation and holidays, overtime, tuition reimbursement, short and long-term disability and life insurance.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.