Pipe Welder/Pipe Fitter
Located in Waltham, MA, Tecogen is seeking an experienced Pipe Fitter/Pipe Welder to work in our manufacturing facility. Tecogen designs and manufactures engine driven industrial generators, chillers, and heat pumps. This position requires performing a diverse set pipe welding and copper brazing operations in the final assembly of our large and complex industrial products.
This is a good opportunity for Pipe Welders / Pipe Fitters looking to work indoors, in a clean, climate controlled, manufacturing environment.
Welder Fabricators that do not have the required Pipe Fitting/Pipe Welding experience Do Not apply.
- Tig welding of steel and stainless steel pipe up to 4" pipe out of position.
- The ability to cut and fit pipe and perform other material layout.
- Mig welding of light structural steel.
- Basic fabrication skills such as milling, drilling, tapping, cutting, and bending.
- Fitting, soldering, and brazing copper tube up to 3" diameter.
- Blueprint reading.
- Flexibility to work overtime on an as needed basis.
- Trade school graduate
- 3 Plus years experience in working as a Pipe Welder or Pipe Fitter.
- Good communication skills; must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Qualified applicants will be required to perform a series of pipe welding operations during the interview process.
- Forklift or crane operation experience is a plus
- Pressure and vacuum tests of ASME certified vessels is a plus.
- ASME or Aerospace welding experience is a plus.
Qualified candidates send resume. Salary commensurate with experience.
Tecogen is a next-generation manufacturer of natural-gas-fueled, engine-driven, combined heat and power (CHP) products that aim to reduce energy costs, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and alleviate congestion on the national power grid. Tecogen's environmentally friendly products include cogeneration modules which provide electricity and heat, chillers which provide air-conditioning and optional free hot water and a new ultra-efficient water heater.
Tecogen offers a comprehensive benefits package including full health and dental insurance (75% paid by Tecogen), company matched 401k, paid vacation and holidays, overtime, tuition reimbursement, short and long-term disability and life insurance.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.